#SatChat Notes from January 17, 2015: Collaboration

The early Twitter chat on Saturday morning is my favorite! I’m a crack-of-dawn type of person, so it fits perfectly for me. I fix my coffee, grab something light for breakfast and get logged in. I prefer to use my laptop over my iPad, but sometimes I challenge myself and require myself to use only my iPad. I prefer to participate in the chat using HootSuite rather than Twitter. HootSuite is a web-based tool with an app for iOS that allows you to create “feeds” from your Twitter account that make it easier to follow the tweets coming from the chat’s hashtag. I also like to create a feed that is just the tweets from whoever the chat’s moderator is. That way I can easily see the chat topics as they are “released” for comment. My personal goal after today’s chat is to keep encouraging collaboration opportunities between our schools and possibly global connections I can help our teachers and students make! Here were the questions and my responses from today’s chat:

Q1: Define Collaboration
A1: collaboration is 2+ people working towards a common goal with everyone allowed/expected to contribute based on their strengths. #SatChat

Q2: How is collaboration supported in our schools?
A2: Common time f/Ts, projects & organizations f/ Ss, tech for distance collab. all support collab. in our schools, #SatChat

Q3: What does collaboration look like in the classroom setting?
A3: Collab. in class: Ts share stage w/ Ss, Ts coordinating global connections based on S voice, Ts help Ss develop strengths #SatChat

Q4: How can teachers and administrators model collaboration?
A4: Ts & As must develop own collab. skills including using media/tech, then expect & arrange collab in rooms/buildings, #SatChat

Q5: How does technology foster collaboration?
A5: Tech helps collab. by making connections w/ others including experts possible/easier & publicizing results is rewarding #SatChat

Q6: Please share best practice resources that help support and keep a strong focus on collaboration
I didn’t submit an answer to this topic because I got sidetracked reading some web resources I found during the chat!! That happens sometimes!